In order to join our magical world there are a few simple steps that you need to take. Below is the step-by-step process and feel free to call or email us as we are here to answer any questions you might have.
- Adult Member – 16 Years and above.
- Youth Member – 12-15 Years. (See notes below).
- Attend three club meetings. This is so we can get to know each other.
- You need to be nominated and seconded by two members for your application to be valid.
- Attend a VERY friendly “audition”. You will be asked to perform 3 magical effects at one of our meetings. This is to show that you have an interest in magic and have done a little bit of studying / rehearsing.
- The club will take a vote on the acceptance of your application.
- If accepted, you will be asked to take a formal oath to protect our magical secrets.
- Pay a once only joining fee ($55.00 – Adult, $25.00 – Youth) and the annual fee ($45.00 – Adult, $25.00 – Youth) to The Treasurer.
- You will be issued with an official West Australian Society of Magician’s name badge together with a membership pack.
- The fun will begin… 🙂
For a membership application please – Contact Us
Youth Membership– Youths are welcome but need to contact – Andrew Gill – 0439955725 – Andrew.email@example.com
The West Australian Society of Magicians (WASM), has a youth section that caters for youths from the age of 12.
Whilst parents often enquire about those under 12, there are several reasons that youth under the age of 12 aren’t admitted, a couple of which are:
WASM meets in an Osborne Park Hotel, – (WASM Youth members >12 must still be accompanied by parents / caregivers.)
WASM meeting often run quite late into the evenings.
We find that youths younger than 12 struggle to maintain the magicians code of secrecy in matters seen, discussed and demonstrated at club meeting and events.
As such unfortunately, we are unable to offer him access to WASM for those under 12.
We are happy to add you to our emailing list so we can advise of any public shows / events etc that WASM hold.